1245 Glen Avenue
This exceptional mid-century oasis on a HUGE lot with unobstructed Berkeley Rose Garden and filtered Bay views is just 6 blocks to Peet's Coffee in the Gourmet Ghetto. Tucked behind the neighbors at the top of a long driveway, it's not visible from the street and feels quite secluded.
- 3 Bedrooms and 2.5 Baths in the main living area of the house.
- A downstairs area with separate entrance featuring two large rooms, including a kitchenette and a full bath.
- Vast grounds that were recently landscaped by celebrated designer Michael Boyd whose work is in the permanent collection at the SFMOMA and has been featured in Architectural Digest.
- A luscious swimming pool with a new liner and deck pavers.
- A pool house with a half bath.
Features and Recent Upgrades:
- New Stainless GE refrigerator and dishwasher.
- Beautiful wide-plank, pegged oak flooring throughout much of the main house.
- Professional dry wax and buffing by Swirsding Floor Service in living room, dining room, kitchen, and upstairs bathrooms.
- Hip hand-painted concrete in the in-law and pool house.
Walls and Ceilings
- Breathtaking redwood cathedral ceiling in living room.
- Fresh Ralph Lauren paint throughout home, in-law, and pool house.
- Mahogany panels in library.
- New high-end Toto toilets in three bathrooms.
- New Kohler sink and new fixtures in powder room.
- New Kenmore gas stove/oven and new mini-fridge.
- New counter, sink, fixtures, and high-quality track lighting.
- New Certainteed Landmark roof installed by MNJ Roofing.
- New hot water heater.
- Sewer Lateral repair bid (not completed) from Pipe Spy is $5,425.
- New pool liner.
- New deck installed and sealed.
- New roof on pool house.
Storage and Parking
- Large attic, crawl space, and outdoor corral.
- New two-car carport and ample additional paved parking surfaced.
Landscaping and Views
- Extensive landscaping design including the creation of two new patio areas by award-winning designer Michael Boyd.
- One-of-a-kind views of the Berkeley Rose Garden from the living room, kitchen, and dining room.
- San Francisco Bay views filtered through trees from living room.
- Gorgeous Giant Sequoia just outside the property boundary at the dining room window.